Robert Allen Gibson
1425 Holt Rd.
Cary, NC 27519
(919) 522 – 9463
SUMMARY: A professional tennis instructor with a knowledge of the business of tennis. Knows and follows the Standard Development cycles of children. Developed and managed training schedules for kids 3 years and up. A professional understanding caring individual with patients and love for the development of children & adults. Has excellent customer relation skills and always leaves a customer satisfied with his work and abilities.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Familiar with the physical and mental development of children and adults. Able to calm and set at ease children so that they feel comfortable learning and pursuing new talents. Teaches Preparation, Concentration, Timing, and Visualization. Assists students with not only learning principles but helps them obtain the skills required to implement sound principles to achieve goals. Skillful at using all resources available to accomplish goals. Teaches students to use all their senses.
- Hardware: Tennis courts, Backboards, Head Racquets, Jump ropes, Computers, Video Analysis with DartFish, Cameras, Boomer, Ball machines
- Languages: English, Italian, French
- Environments: Hard Courts, Grass Courts, Clay Courts, Indoor Courts, Racquetball Courts, High School, College, Windy, Hot, Cold, Muggy, Sunny, Dark, Dry, Noisy, Wilderness
- 2006- Present Tennis Coach for City Of Raleigh Lake Lynn Tennis Programs, Raleigh, NC
Ran tennis instruction programs for the City working with about 350 Students a year. Providing the most advanced equipment availible for tennis instruction (Boomer, Radar Gun, Video equipment, computer analysis, extra nets). Help Tennis Students organize a community service project every year. Created and designed the most advanced tennis court in North Carolina.
- 1991 – 2005 Private Lessons, Cary, NC
Taught hundreds of students the principles of good tennis, exercise, good eating habits, study time, finances, fun, and sleep.
- 1975 – 1991 Tennis Lessons in San Jose, Calif.
- Coached High School teams 4 years.
- Coached College Tennis 2 years.
- Coached at 5 clubs
- Taught lessons in Italian in Italy 1 summer.
- Capella University, Major: Computer Science, Minor: Project Management
- San Jose State University: Major: Administration of Justice (2 1/2 years), Minor: Business Law
- Evergreen Valley College: Major: AA degree Administration of Justice (2 years)
- Additional Courses in:
- Teachers development, Library management, Human Relations
- Project management, Accounting, CPR
- First Aid, All sports, USPTA Certified
- USTA life time member, Cardio Site Crt., Dartfish Trained
- Boomer Certified Operator, Heat Stress Training
The problem is that when you get it, you’re too damned old to do anything about it. ~Jimmy Connors, on experience